Welcome to Nottingham Elementary! Whether you are new to our school or a returning family, please take a minute to look around the new website and visit frequently as we continue to update it throughout the school year.
The Nottingham Elementary PTA is proud to serve our children, NHE staff and community through various means of support during the school year. Below are just a few of the PTA supported programs at NHE that you can be a part of as a PTA member!
- Extreme Science – Our 4th and 5th Grade Students have the opportunity each month to learn about something new and exciting in the field of science. From weather patterns to shark dissection there is something for everyone to enjoy!
- Garden Programs – Our beautiful butterfly garden and thriving vegetable garden provide our teachers with an outdoor classroom for the kids to enjoy! Ask your child if they’ve planted or tasted anything lately!
- Teacher Appreciation – Our faculty and staff are second to none here at NHE and we love to show our appreciation throughout the year. Birthday celebrations, monthly luncheons and apples for teachers are just some of the ways we say THANKS for being awesome!
- Spirit Sales – Don’t forget to purchase your spirit wear at the beginning of the year! Sprit shirts are worn every Friday to show our school pride. The children also wear spirit shirts on field trips for easy spotting!
- Field Trips – This is every kid’s favorite part of school right? Whether exploring the zoo, attending a play or learning about Texas history at Washington on the Brazos, it’s sure to be an adventure!
- Enrichment Programs – The NHE PTA works closely with our NHE staff to help support various enrichment programs for our students. Spelling Bee and Power Hour have been a big hit in past years and this year Math Olympiad is new to NHE!
- Yearbook – The NHE PTA volunteers work tirelessly to create a beautiful yearbook for your child to remember their school year. Look for details about how you can join the yearbook committee and upload photos to be included in this year’s yearbook.
- Fundraising – All of these programs require not only volunteer time but also cash resources. Our fundraising programs such as the Knight Run, Auction and Spirit Nights are some of the fun ways we raise money to support these wonderful programs for our kids!
Nottingham is a supportive community that takes tremendous pride in our school and is dedicated to providing a welcoming, positive and healthy environment for our kids to learn and grow. There are many opportunities available to join us in these efforts. Feel free to reach out to any PTA Board Member, Committee Chair or other Volunteer to get additional information!
The NHE families are the best and we hope that you find a place to volunteer and enjoy being a part of the NHE Knight Family!
2018-2019 NHE PTA President